Political Action Committee (PAC)
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce Political Action Committee (PAC) provides Chamber members and citizens an opportunity to shape Minnesota’s political landscape. DCR Chamber PAC supports candidates who champion private enterprise and foster growth for businesses to create jobs in Dakota County and the State of Minnesota.
• DCR Chamber PAC is an independent, bi-partisan non-profit organization funded through personal contributions of business leaders who work together to elect pro-business candidates.
• The PAC enforces the legislative positions adopted by the DCR Chamber of Commerce.
• The PAC has a strong history of success and is one of the few remaining local chamber political action committees in Minnesota.
• The PAC supports candidates based on their positions on key business issues, voting records, leadership on business issues, electability, candidate knowledge and expertise, and local business community engagement and support.
• The PAC tracks the voting records of elected officials on key Chamber issues and holds politicians accountable.
• We support endorsed candidates with campaign contributions and/or independent expenditures to support those candidates.
• The PAC is governed by a Board of Directors.
For further information on the Political Action Committee or to make a personal contribution, please contact the Chamber president at 651.288.9201.
2016 Board of Directors
Donald Hoeft, Chair
Vicki Stute, Treasurer
Local Advisory Council Members
Jill Skogheim, West St. Paul
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce Political Action Committee announced it has endorsed candidates in the following Minnesota Senate and House of Representatives Districts:
- 51B – Laurie Halverson
- 52 - Mark Misukanis
- 52A – Richard Hansen
- 52B – Regina Barr
- 56 – Dan Hall
- 56A - Drew Christensen
- 56B – Roz Peterson
- 57 –Cory Campbell
- 57A - Ali Jimenez Hopper
- 57B – Anna WiIls
- 58 – Tim Pitcher
- 58A - Jon Koznick
- 58B – Patrick Garofalo
“There is significant experience and expertise with the candidates we’ve endorsed and we’re confident they will bring effective and consistent leadership to the capitol on issues that are important to our business members,” said Don Hoeft, Chair of the DCR Chamber of Commerce PAC Board of Directors. “We spent a great deal of time reviewing all the candidate’s credentials in these races before making these decisions. The DCR Chamber PAC and business community are serious about ensuring we create an environment in which Minnesota businesses can be successful and continue to grow. We believe the candidates we have endorsed share this belief and will best represent their communities at the Legislature.”
Candidates endorsed have demonstrated a commitment to building a strong business and economic environment in Dakota County and Minnesota. Other criteria include leadership on key business issues, voting records, electability, candidate knowledge and expertise, and local business community engagement and support.