Legislative Breakfast Series
What’s your top issue challenging the growth and expansion of your business? Taxes? Increased Business Regulations? Uncertainty in Health Care? Minimum Wage Increases? Transportation? Education and Skilled Workforce? Immigration Reform?
Dakota County Regional Chamber of Commerce features a 2016-17 Legislative Breakfast Series in preparation of the upcoming legislative session. Your Chamber offers real-time information and resources on a number of issues important to your business. These breakfasts are designed for business community members to hear first-hand from lawmakers and industry experts on how legislation within all levels of government will affect their businesses’ bottom line, job creation, growth and expansion. Members can also communicate their concerns, comments and questions.
The Series offers members a total of eight programs held on the first Friday of each month, November 2016 through June 2017 from 7:30 to 9:00 a.m. at The Commons on Marice in Eagan. Fees are $25 per event or purchase a Series pass for $160 and save. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. with a breakfast buffet and the program begins promptly at 8:00 a.m. For further information or to obtain sponsorship information, please contact Vicki Stute at 651.228.9201.
Tentative schedule of programs. (Topics and speakers subject to change)
- November 4 – Health Care Uncertainty
- December 2 - Rewind the 2016 Elections - Political Pundit Panel to be invited
- January 6 - Minimum Wage Debate: A National Movement with Local Impacts
- February 3 - Making Progress in a Divided Government: Perspectives from Past Legislators
- March 3 – Transportation: The Road to Nowhere
- April 7 - To be determined
- May 5 – To be determined
- June 2 – It's a Wrap: Legislative Panel - Legislators to be invited
Interested in being a sponsor? Contact us today.