Political Action Committee
Dakota County Regional Chamber’s Political Action Committee (PAC) provides opportunities for Chamber members interested in shaping the future of Minnesota ’s political landscape. The PAC endorses candidates for state legislative offices whose platforms support private enterprise and work to improve economic conditions in the Dakota County region and State of Minnesota. Over the past several years, the PAC has endorsed candidates who were victorious. Now, we are gearing up our efforts to elect pro-business candidates in this year’s important elections.
The Political Action Committee helps us send a strong message to legislators that we are serious about ensuring attention is paid to your business issues. Doing this improves our state’s business climate, which improves your bottom line. For more information about how you can get involved in the Leadership Fund, contact Vicki Stute at 651.288.9201.
Here are some quick facts about the Political Action Committee:
- The PAC is an independent organization funded through personal contributions and does not utilize DCR Chamber membership investment dollars.
- The PAC endorses legislative candidates based on voting record, local business support, pro-business stance, questionnaire responses and leadership on key business issues.
- The PAC’s goal is to help elect pro-business candidates to the Minnesota Legislature.
- The PAC was formed “in the interest of increasing DCR Chamber’s legislative influence.”
- DCR Chamber’s Government Affairs Committee drafts legislative Position Statements from a business perspective and the PAC enforces those positions.
- The PAC’s financial support has helped elect pro-business candidates for the past twelve years.
- The PAC represents the business interests of all Chamber members.